Sunday 29 April 2012

AN - Final Magazine Ad Development

Today I FINALLY managed to finish the magazine advert. I got some feedback from my Media teacher on the advert and he said:

This is an example a past student's work.

  • There was no point of the multi layering because he said to create a shadow-like effect, but it didn't work.
  • The font was also weak, since it made the magazine advert look like that it was made in Publisher.
  • He also mentioned that it looked like no research had been done, despite looking at a number of magazine adverts including some made by past students. Linking in with this, it's quite hard to find magazine adverts aimed at a female audience.
  • www. should never be used in 2012.
  • Unrealistic reviews.
  • Weak layout.
  • No price tag or Twitter/Facebook logos.


So putting this feedback into mind, created a new magazine ad. My teacher wanted me to put an image from the video in the area where the sky is, so I got a shot of the boyfriend and girlfriend walking down a path. I used the background eraser and quick selection brush tools to delete segments of the background of the picture. 

Afterwards, I decreased the opacity and saturation quality so that it blends in with the poster. I also changed the tour dates by adding 2012 at the end of them and making the locations UK based. I also made the font pink so that it would appeal to a female target audience. Lastly a picture of the digipak's front cover can be seen as well so the public know what the product looks like.



FINAL Magazine Advert

1 comment:

  1. MBI helps you to get best and selective media to sell. We are among top 25 national media buying agencies and deals in all media like print advertising, magazines ad and many more endorsements.

    ReplyDelete

No inappropriate comments, abuse of any form, spam, trolling etc.